top of page


The Bournemouth Christchurch Poole Education Authority is responsible for admissions to County and Voluntary Controlled Schools and the Admissions Policy of Christchurch Infant School follows the guidance laid down by the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council.

Where is the catchment area?

Our catchment area is between the rivers in Christchurch, (up to the first bridge in Bridge Street, up to Tuckton Bridge, up to Iford Bridge and to Hurn).


How do I find out how my child is getting on at school?

Whilst we do have 3 parent-teacher consultation opportunities a year the teachers are available after the school day throughout the year. Just ask you child’s teacher for an appointment.


How do I apply for my child to come to your school?

Complete a registration form so we know of your child’s existence. Approximately a year before your child starts school you will receive a Bournemouth Christchurch Poole Education Authority Form to complete and return. This is the form that allocates the school place. We also conduct school tours at this time by appointment.


What if my child has Special Educational Needs?

The class teachers, supported by our Special Needs co-ordinator, carefully monitor the progress of all pupils. If they have a concern about your child’s progress they will contact you. Children identified as having Special Educational Needs are placed on the Special Educational Needs register and provided with appropriate support.


How can I get more involved with my child’s education?

There are a number of opportunities for parents to work in partner ship with the school and to get more involved with what goes on at Christchurch Infants. These include:- helping out in class helping to supervise groups of children on school trips supporting children at home with their homework, reading and spelling/sound work joining the PTFA and helping with fundraising and special events coming along to school events throughout the year If you would like to come into school to work alongside children you will need to apply at the school office for a Criminal Records Bureau check.


catchment map.jpg
bottom of page