At Christchurch Infant School we pride ourselves on the quality of display learning which plays a significant role in setting out our shared expectations. We believe that display is fundamentally important for the following reasons:
• It celebrates children’s learning and achievements
• Presenting learning is a reward in itself for pupils
• It communicates the school’s shared high expectation for learning
• Displays can inspire, create interest and generate discussion around learning
• Quality learning which is carefully displayed values children’s efforts and is aspirational for all members of our community.
We also use working walls in the teaching of English and Maths. These are an interactive display – a display that we have set up in our classrooms where we structure and try to encourage child / class interaction.
Take a look at some of the displays that feature in our classrooms, corridors and hall!